Automations allow you to automate household actions based on other actions or sensor reports. For example, you can create an automation that turns lights on/off, adjusts temperature, locks/opens doors, changes mode, runs a shortcut, or similar.
To make this happen automatically you need to add "triggers". This could be that a door is opened, a sensor reports more or less than a given value, movement is detected and so on. When you set up an automation, you can select any of the devices in your household, regardless of the rooms they belong to.
Time-based automation example:
- Change mode to Home every day of the week at 07:00 AM
- Change mode to Home every weekend at 10:00 AM if the mode is not Vacation.
- Run a shortcut once at 07:00 AM
- Turn off five lights at 7:00 PM if the mode is set to Home.
- Set the temperature to 22°C (72°F) every morning at 06:00 AM.
- Turn off outdoor lights every day, half an hour after sunset (Astrour).
Motion-based automation example:
- If there is movement in the living room and the mode is Home, turn on three lights, and turn them off after 30 minutes.
- If there is movement in the hallway and the mode is Night, set the brightness of two lights to 10%, and turn them off after 15 minutes.
To create a new automation, go to "Settings → Automation" and click on "+ Automation".