Futurehome HAN Sensor connects to the power meeter and provides you real-time energy/consumption data via the Futurehome App on your phone. Futurehome HAN Sensor is made to work with all new AMS meters in Norway (with a HAN-port). Supported brands are Aidon, Kamstrup and Kaifa/Nuri. The HAN sensor connects to the energy meter (AMS) and pairs to the Smarthub. It allows you to see real-time and historical energy data in the Futurehome app on your phone.
Please note that this HAN sensor is not suitable for outdoor use.
Important! Remember to order the opening of the HAN port on your AMS. You do this via your grid company.
|Suppliers item number||GH201E|
|ETIM Class||EC002476 - Measured value converter, power|
- Plug the HAN sensor into the HAN port of your energy meter. (If you are unsure where the HAN port is located, please contact your grid company). The HAN sensor will now search for Zigbee network (for 15 minutes).
- Open the app and start Zigbee inclusion on the Smarthub.
- While the HAN sensor is searching, the LED light will flash red. When the LED stops flashing, the HAN sensor has connected to the Zigbee network. If the device does not appear in the app within 2 minutes, press and hold the button next to the LED light for 15 seconds. The LED should start blinking again and the device is in inclusion mode.
- Select the device in the app → tap on the settings → select a room and the meter function.
- If you want to see historical data, you must download Event Collector. Go to settings → Playground → Event Collector → download. It will start logging data from the time you download it.
To learn more about the factors that affect signal quality and how to troubleshoot potential issues, please visit the article about signal quality here.
On January 16th, an updated version of the Futurehome app (7.6.5) and Zigbee software (2.4.6) was released for the Smarthub. This includes an update to the HAN sensor that will start automatically after updating the Smarthub and/or including the HAN sensor (if it has not been updated before). It may take several hours for the update to start on the HAN sensor, so leave the equipment alone and preferably overnight. When the update starts, you can see the progress on the Energy tab and in the HAN sensor settings. The visualization of the progress requires app version 7.6.5 or higher. For you as an installer, there will be no need to wait at the customers until it is finished. This should update automatically and if something goes wrong, we have good support procedures to fix it with the customer.
Update on March 2nd:
- Increased reporting interval.
- Improved handling of incorrect values.
- Self healing update in case of wrong data.
- General improvements in OTA update.
Troubleshooting after update
- If the HAN sensor is constantly lit in red, it means that you need to contact support. Submit a request here with information about the HAN sensor lighting, the email that is registered and the name of the household in the app.
- If the update fails, you will receive an event in the timeline. If this happens, it will either start a new update (please wait) or light up constantly red (contact support).
- If the HAN sensor is missing data or reporting errors after the update, please unplug it → wait 10-20 seconds → plug it in again. This step can be repeated 2-3 times if it doesn't succeed.
- If it still doesn't work optimally, you must try to include it again. This is done by resetting the HAN sensor (see section below). When the sensor is reset, you can start the Zigbee inclusion (settings → devices → add device → Zigbee → start).
To reset the HAN sensor, open the lid on the device. Just to the right of the cable plug on the device itself, there is a small button and a LED light. Hold this button for 15 seconds (until the led flashes three times quickly). When the light starts flashing red, it means that the sensor has been reset and it is in inclusion mode again.
|Power supply||3V DC (from AMS)|
|IP Class||IP 20 (indoors)|
|Use temperature||0-40 degrees C|