- Go to settings → devices → add new device
- Chose Z-wave, Zigbee or EnOcean → start
- Check the device manual to find inclusion method for your device
- For more information, check the article linked here.
For Z-wave devices you need to set the device in exclusion mode. It is not needed for Zigbee devices.
If a Z-wave device does not have contact with the hub, select "force delete" instead of "delete".
For more information, look here.
Smarthub is offline
When pairing your Smarthub to a household, make sure it has power and internet. The Smarthub requires a cabled network. Check that the Futurehome logo on the hub is lit and that the network port is flashing. It often takes 5-10 minutes from the time it is plugged in until it is completely ready for pairing. Therefore, wait a bit with further troubleshooting.
Smarthub is already paired
If the Smarthub is already paired with a household, it will not be possible to pair with another. If you see this message, it means that the hub has been used before. If it was purchased by a private person, the seller must either transfer ownership or factory reset the hub. Reset is preferable. If it was bought in a store or from another dealer, you must contact them again to get a new Smarthub. (Unless it’s sold as a used item).
Try these solutions:
- check if you have chosen the right household in the Futurehome app
- check the Internet connection to the Smarthub - check that both network lights under Smarthub are lit/flashing and that other devices on the same network have internet
- Once you have placed your order, we will start packing your products.
- If all the products are in stock, we will send you a tracking number within two days.
- We use Bring to deliver the packages to your nearest post office. Bring also sends you a notification of the status of your package.
In our webshop, you can pay with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Vipps.
If you have received a discount code, you can use it in our webshop. At the check out, add the code in the text field under the totalt amount and press “Apply”. Your new price should appear.
All items Futurehome carries are stored in external warehouses. Unfortunately, it is not possible to stop by our offices to pick up goods.
1. Futurehome arranged returns:
Contact us at email@example.com that you wish to return the goods. We will acknowledge your return request and e-mail you a Return label which can be printed out and attached to the parcel. Make sure the parcel is returned in the same protective manner as it was shipped to you.
2. Privately arranged returns:
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a return slip with instructions.
Once we received the goods we will verify the product and its condition. We will refund you the money back within 5 weeks or send you a replacement unit.
Remember that if you want to control Futurehome remotely, Smarthub must be connected to the internet. You can use 3G / 4G modem, as long as the Smart Hub can be connected with a network cable.
Reset the device
Use the device manual to find out how to factory reset the device completely before trying to add it to the Smarthub again.
Reset from Smarthub
It is also possible to reset a Z-Wave device by starting exclusion from the app:
- Go to settings → devices → remove device → start exclusion"
- Z-Wave exclusion will start
- Perform the same procedure on the device as when you included it. The app will start a countdown from 1 minute while searching for a device to delete.
- Owner - There can only be one owner per. household. This user has all accesses.
- Administrator - Can do almost anything an owner can, except for deeper hub settings.
- User - Can only use the devices in the app, not change any settings. For example. turn a light on or off, but can not change an automation with the light.
Documentation can be found at dev.futurehome.io
From settings → household → hub settings → local API setup you can enable local API setup for communication with Smarthub over MQTT.
The messages sent over MQTT are FIMP - documentation can be found here: https://github.com/futurehomeno/fimp-api
We also have a page that shows the operating status: https://status.futurehome.io
If you need help from Futurehome, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (+47) 23 50 68 47.