Futurehome Smarthub contains a lot of information about your devices, rooms, areas and automations. Should your Smarthub be corrupted it might take some time to re-enter all this information on a new Smarthub. Because on this, it is possible to back up your Smarthub and save it in the Futurehome cloud.
If necessary, you can restore to a previous copy on the same Smarthub or restore a previous backup on a new Smarthub.
How to create backup?
This can be found under settings → household → hub settings → create backup → press “back up”. Note that the Smarthub must be connected to the internet and power during the entire creation of the backup.
Here you get the option to manually create a backup or restore from a previous one.
A backup can take several minutes to complete. You will receive a confirmation when a backup is made. If you want to restore from a previous backup, you get a choice of which backup you want to restore from, if you have multiple copies.
- Remember to always leave your Smarthub turned on, with internet connection, while a backup is being created or restored.
- Only the owner of the household has access to create and restore backups.
- The backup is stored in the household. This means that the backup will be lost if you delete the household.
- Zigbee units will be pr. now not included in the backup.
- Custom flows from Thingsplex are not included. Tip: go to Thingsplex → flows → go to your automations → “show source” → copy the code and save it in a text document (preferably .json). These can then be imported after recovery.