What to do when I try to include a Z-Wave device and it cannot be found?
- Make sure that the device is close enough to the Smarthub to be in its range.
- Factory reset the device completely before trying to add it to the Smarthub again. Refer to the device’s user manual for information on how to do so.
- It is also possible to reset a Z-Wave device by starting exclusion from the app:
- Go to settings → devices → remove device → start exclusion.
- Put the device in inclusion/exclusion mode (perform the same procedure on the device as when you included it).
- You can read more about exclusion here.
After inclusion, a Z-Wave device displays as zw_0_0_0.
This means that inclusion was incomplete and needs to be done again.
- Find your device in the device list (go to settings → devices).
- Tap settings → delete → put the device in inclusion/exclusion mode. Read more about exclusion here.
- Try inclusion again.
If this happens repeatedly:
- Move the device closer to the Smarthub
- If this is a battery device, look under “I have problems with a battery-powered device” below.
I have problems with a battery-powered device.
Some battery devices have a tendency to fall asleep to save battery, even when including. This means you have to keep the device awake to complete the inclusion process.
- If the device is not included within 20 seconds, set the device in inclusion mode again.
- Once the device is found, you can wait approx. 20-30 seconds and then put the device back in inclusion mode.