This article is a walkthrough of updating to the new Z-Wave engine for selected beta testers. If you have not received a beta invitation you can apply to get one after reading the following blog post.
Futurehome will enable the update on your Smarthub. When an update is available you will find it by going to Setup - Site settings.
Press on the Update button
The system will now show you a list of devices which is not known to the system. These devices will have to be deleted before continuing and included again after the update is complete for the system to be able to use them. Press the "show devices" button to expose the non-compatible devices.
If you have any devices in this list then please inform Futurehome through the dedicated Slack channel.
Press the "Start update" button to initiate the update process. Your system will not work during this process, this process could take up to 15 minutes to complete.
The update process will now start. The longest step in the updating process will be installing Python. Be patient and follow the progress from time to time. Do not shut off your Smarthub during the updating process.
At the end of the update process, the last step is rebooting your Smarthub.
When this is complete your Smarthub will restart and the App should load normally after this.
Please take your time to test the system properly. Here is a list of things to verify and test:
- Verify under setup of each device that the devices have a name and manufacturer. If the device is listed as zw_0_0_0 you should contact Futurehom in the dedicated Slack channel.
- Verify that all devices are functioning. Turn devices On/Off, Set level etc.
- Verify that devices which support energy measurment continue to report energy.
- Verify that device state updates in the app when controlling a device from a light switch or physically on the device.
- Test all sensors, verify that motion, temperature, humidity etc over time works
- TEst all smoke sensors, verify that the test button on the sensor triggers the FH fire alarm. You could disable fire alarm service in order to test 1-1 device and not have to re enable heating etc for every test.
- Test all leak sensors and verify that the app indicates leak
- Test your Shorcuts and verify that all actions set be executed are performed.
- Test your Modes and verify that all actions set be executed are performed.