Step 1 - Update the Smarthub
Update your Smarthub.
- Go to settings → household → hub settings → update software → update.
For more info regarding updates, check this article on how to update the Smarthub.
Step 2 - Take a backup of the Smarthub
Note: Zigbee devices will not function after restore. Power Manager settings and automations will not be backed up.
- Go to settings → household → hub settings → create backup → back up.
Check that you have a new backup in the list of backups before proceeding. Found under “restore backup”.
Step 3 - Unpair the Smarthub
- Go to settings → household → hub settings → unpair Smarthub → unpair.
Do not unplug Smarthub while unpairing.
Step 4 - Pair your new Smarthub
Connect your new Smarthub and let it boot.
- On the dashboard → Add Smarthub → scan the QR code on the new Smarthub.
If you run into any issues, check this article on Smarthub troubleshooting.
When Smarthub is found, it will auto-update. Do not unplug the Smarthub. You will receive a notification when the update is completed.
Step 5 - Restore backup
- Go to settings → household → hub settings → restore backup → select the latest backup.