Modes are the overall states of the household. You can control which mode your household is in from the dashboard in the app, from a mode switch, using the automations or for example Google Home.
There are four modes available:
- Home - for when someone is home and awake.
- The safety function does not indicate movement or opened doors/windows.
- Away - for when there is no one at home for a short period of time.
- The safety function will indicate movement or opened doors/windows.
- Sleep - for when everyone in the house has gone to sleep.
- Lights, appliances, locks and climate will be set to your Sleep Mode preferences.
- Automations combined with Sleep Mode allow you to, for example, turn on the lights to 15% intensity when movement is registered.
- Vacation - for when no one is home for an extended period of time.
- Notifications will let you know about all activity in your house.
- You can adjust the mode to, for example, water the garden or simulate lighting.
Run a mode in the app
- Tap the middle button of the navigation bar at the bottom of the dashboard.
- Tap the mode you want to run.
Edit a mode
- Go to settings → modes & shortcuts.
- Select a mode you want to edit.
- Select the device and what should happen.
Note: The toggle (on/off switch) you will see next to a device has a third option in addition to on and off. This is “ignore”, meaning nothing will change on the device.