- Determine where the sensor is to be mounted.
- Install mounting bracket.
- Include the device in Futurehome.
- Test the device.
- LED indicator
- External sensor cable
- Battery compartment
- Mounting hook
- Function button
- Built-in water sensing probes
- Waterproof case
- Battery insulator
- Learn (function) button
The water leakage sensor can be placed on the wall with its own cable down to the floor or the sensor can be placed directly on the floor.
The sensor can be used with or without the supplied sensor cable. The sensor cable can also be extended to increase the area on which the sensor can detect leakage. The sensor cable will detect leaks along the entire length of the cable that absorb water.
There are three ways to use the sensor:
- Wall mounting with the use of a sensor cable
- Floor mounting with the use of built-in sensors
- Floor mounting with the use of built-in sensors and an external sensor cable
- Choose a suitable height for installation (if possible the cable should lie along the floor).
- Drill holes for mounting screws.
- Mount the sensor with the mounting hook and the screws.
- Remove the rubber plug from the sensor 3.5mm jack connector.
- Connect the external sensor cable to the 3.5mm jack connector. Insert the rubber plug into the end of the external sensor cable for future use.
- Place the sensor cable along the floor so that it covers as much surface as possible.
- Place the sensor on the floor in a suitable location where leakage may occur.
- Choose whether the sensor should have an external sensor cable or not. If an external sensor cable is to be used in combination with integrated sensors, you must continue as instructed in step 4 above.
- Open the Futurehome app, go to settings → devices → add a device. See more about adding devices here if necessary.
- Select "secure inclusion" and "include known devices faster".
- Remove the battery lid.
- Press the function button 3 times within 1.5 seconds
“Device found, configuring” should appear.
IMPORTANT: WAIT UNTIL INCLUSION IS COMPLETED. If the sensor appears as ZW_0_0_0 or ZW_381... it MUST be deleted and re-included. It should show up as Climax WLS-23…
Give the sensor a name, e.g. "Leakage sensor".
State in which room it is installed.
- Press the button once and make sure you receive the temperature and humidity value (time stamp on received test signal can be checked under advanced settings on the device).
- Place the sensor in water or on a metallic surface and see if the alarm goes off after about 50 seconds, verify that the app indicates a water leak.
- Turn off the sound by pressing the button on the back once. Verify that the sensor reports no leakage after a while.
If the sensor cable becomes damp after a leak, it should be left disconnected for a minimum of 2 hours for drying before it is inserted into the water leak sensor again. Insert the rubber plug into the 3.5mm hole while the cable is disconnected to prevent an alarm about a disconnected sensor cable.
Sometimes you want to delete an included device or re-enter it. To delete the smoke sensor from your Smarthub, you must do the following:
- Go to settings → devices → select your device → settings → navigate to the bottom and select delete.
- Smarthub is now in exclusion mode.
- Press the same button three times as during inclusion. The device will now be deleted from Smarthub.
Press and hold the button on the sensor for more than 10 seconds.
Flashes once: the sensor sends a wireless signal.
This product is only supported if you have software 1.9 or higher on the Smarthub.
Please sign in to leave a comment.