If a Z-Wave device is paired with the Smarthub , it must be properly removed to ensure that the device is deleted from the Smarthub and that the device is reset.
Regular deletion (eksklusjon)
The method of removing a device is almost the same as adding it.
1. Navigate to the device under settings 🔧 → devices → find your device → ⚙️ settings → delete.
2. Smarthub is now put in exclusion mode, start exclusion on the device as instructed in the device's user manual. (Same as inclusion mode).
3. The app will briefly show that exclusion and deletion are successful before returning to the device list.
Exclusion of any Z-wave device
To start general Z-Wave exclusion you can do the following:
1. Go to settings 🔧 → devices → remove device
2. Press "Start exclusion"
3. Then start exclusion on the device itself you want to delete.
A device does not have to be part of the network to be reset. This means that you can also reset any Z-Wave device with this method.
Sometimes you will end up in a situation where a Z-Wave device can not be deleted or you can not remove it by exclusion. This is because the device is not properly included and is left hanging in the system. If this happens, the device must be forcibly deleted. This is done by going to settings 🔧 → devices → find your device → ⚙️ settings → force delete.
If the system has contact with the device, it will not be possible to use forced deletion, then normal exclusion must be used. In this case, you will get an "error!" at the top of the app.