Motor control units can control various motor types, such as:
- Roller blinds
- Motorized windows, including skylights
- Roller shutters
The controlling units are compact and can fit behind switches in wall boxes or in junction boxes near the motor.
Types of motor controls
There are motor controls for both 230V motors and low-voltage DC motors.
For 230V motors:
- They typically have four wires: "Up" control, "Down" control, Neutral, and Ground.
- These motors are commonly referred to as wired motors or motors for automation.
- Fibaro Shutter 3 is often used for 230V motors.
For low-voltage DC motors:
- They usually have two wires, one for up and one for down.
- Qubino Shutter DC is an example of a suitable control unit.
The motors should have mechanical or electronic end stops which allow you to set upper and lower limits for the motor's movement. Installation and adjustment of end stops are typically done by a sunshade installer.
- After installation, the motors need to be paired and calibrated in the Futurehome app.
- Some awning suppliers use a closed system like Somfy Wireless, which can only be controlled through Somfy's system. We do not support such systems.
- If you have questions, contact a supplier for information on wired motors. Feel free to reach out to us for guidance if needed.