The SDCO is a Z-Wave device created to detect fire and carbon monoxide in households. It is equipped with sensors that can detect temperature, humidity, heat, and carbon monoxide levels. In case of danger, it will turn on a siren warning the residents. It is designed to be mounted on a ceiling and is both auto-calibrating and self-diagnosing for ease of use.
|Suppliers item number||SDCO-1-RhTH-ZW-SC-OTA|
|ETIM Class||EC000926 - Physical sensor for bus system|
- Find a proper placement
- min. 60 cm from the wall and the top of the pitched roof
- min. 1.5 meters from the ventilation
- avoid placement in places with a lot of water vapour, near the cooking area and in direct sunlight
- avoid placement near heat sources and air conditioners
- Screw the mounting bracket onto the ceiling. Use a drill to make two holes for ceiling plugs. Note: Thoroughly wipe away any dust.
- Remove the battery compartment cover and insert the batteries.
- Place the battery cover in the correct position.
- Proceed with choosing a room and inclusion as described below. After that, place the SDCO alarm on the bracket and rotate clockwise to lock the hook
Choosing a room on a device
- After connecting the SDCO to the power, the voice messages will play.
- Wait for the message: “To select location, press and hold the button now.”
- Press and hold the function button until the correct room is read out.
- Releasing the function button chooses a room. A message: “Programmed” will play.
- Open the Futurehome app, go to settings → devices → add a device → select Z-Wave. See more about adding devices here if necessary.
- Select "secure inclusion" and "include known devices faster" → start inclusion.
- Press the function button 3 times within 1.5 seconds.
- The device is now at the bottom of your device list → select it → settings → give it a name and a room.
- Press the function button.
- If the SDCO works properly, the red LED will blink once, followed by a two-tone beep.
- Press and hold the button on the device for more than 20 seconds.
- Release the button when you hear 3 beeps.
LED signals meaning
Short flash Sending signal Rapid flash Incipient alarm Flashes every second Silent alarm Flashes every 2 seconds Warm-up/calibration in progress
Flashes every second Power on/Calibration failed Flashes every 5 seconds Self-diagnosis failed (remove and reinsert batteries/power supply) Flashes every 45 seconds Low battery (change batteries)
Flashes every 4 seconds Critical low battery (replace batteries immediately) Flashes every 5 seconds Self-diagnosis failed (remove and reinsert batteries/power supply) Flashes every 45 seconds Low battery (change batteries)
|Power supply||3V, EL123AP Lithium battery x3|
|Sound alarm||85dB from 3m|
|Detection range: Carbon monoxide||0 to 450ppm|
|Detection range: Temperature||0°C to 50°C|
|Detection range: Humidity||0% to 99%RH|