The Oss adapter allows you to connect your Oss device to Futurehome, and monitor the energy consumption in your home through the Futurehome app.
The adapter supports:
- Nearly* real time monitoring of energy consumption reported from your Oss device
- If you have more than one Oss device, you can choose which one you want to include (only one per Futurehome household).
*It takes a couple minutes before the values are available in the API. The data that you see in the Futurehome app is therefore approximately 5 minutes old.
Good to know:
- In order to see historical energy statistics in the Energy view in the Futurehome App, you need to install Event Collector as well. This is also found in Playgrounds, and all you have to do is click install.
- When plugging in the Oss HAN meter for the first time, it needs between 30 and 180 minutes to charge before it comes online. You may therefore experience that it reports zero values, if you plug it in for the first approximately at the same time as you install this adapter.
To install the adapter you need to be in the Futurehome app, and follow these steps:
- Go to settings → playground → Oss adapter, and click the install button.
- Click the button with three dots → enter the email address of your Oss user → click save. Shortly after this step you should receive an e-mail from Oss with a login code.
- Click on the button with three dots → enter the login code received from previous step → click save.
- Click on the button with three dots → choose which Oss device you want to include to your household → click save.
If you successfully logged in, your Oss device will be included to Futurehome. Set it as type "meter" and "main_elec", assign it to a room and it is ready to go.